Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome To Alicia Morgan's Online Voice Class

Greetings, singers!

Welcome to Alicia's Keys To Incredible, Awe-Inspiring Vocals. This is where I will be posting information about what I teach my private voice students. On this site you will find:

Number one - vocal exercises, and lots of them!
Diagrams and information about the physiology of your instrument (warning: not for the faint of heart!)

Frequently-asked questions about the voice and singing:
  • What is 'chest voice'?
  • What is 'head voice'
  • What is the 'pharyngeal voice'?
  • How do I connect my registers to sound smooth instead of cracking?
  • What are 'nodes', how do I get them, and how do I get rid of them?
  • How does Mariah Carey hit those crazy-high notes?
  • How am I supposed to take care of my voice?
  • What do I do if my voice is trashed and I have to sing anyway?
  • Why do I need to do vocal exercises?
  • Why does my voice or throat hurt after singing?
  • Why does my voice feel tired after doing exercises?
  • How can I sound like (insert singer name here)?
  • If I lose my voice, can I get it back?
  • How can I increase my range?
  • How can I solve a pitch problem?
  • How can I get my 'high' voice as strong as my 'low' voice?
  • How can I get my 'low' voice as strong as my 'high' voice?
  • Why should I exercise softly if I want to sing loudly?
  • Does drinking hot tea (insert remedy of choice here) help my voice?
  • What is 'vendor voice'?
  • How can I learn to scream onstage without hurting myself?
  • Why can't I belt at the top of my chest voice like (insert singer's name here)?
The answers to all these questions and more will be found in the following articles.

So...here we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home